Video Product Review: PowerSlide Board – Skate Faster!
[youtube id='-9PfaUoDXTo' width='400' height='300' /]
[quotes]I hate reading! Take me right to the site so I can buy my PowerSlide board![/quotes]
If you’re struggling out on the ice with your skating, and you’re always getting beat to the puck because you’re not fast enough, then investing in a PowerSlide board might be your best option.
We’ve had several players with speed as their main weakness, and a few weeks of using the PowerSlide board over the summer has drastically increased their skating speed. It’s one of our favourite tools to take a player’s skating to the next level. If you’ve downloaded our off-ice training e-book to skate faster, you’ve seen us recommend the PowerSlide board to our readers already.
Here are a few benefits of the PowerSlide Board:
- Allows you to practice your stride and increase your skating speed whenever you want – you don’t have to go out and rent or find some ice time which can be costly. Set it up once, and you can work out on it whenever you want from the comfort of your own home.
- The closest simulation to on ice skating you’ll ever get – it works all the leg muscles needed to be a strong skater, especially your inner thighs and groin muscles which will also help to prevent groin injuries (very common in hockey players).
- Allows you to work on your hockey cardio rather than regular cardio – the sliding movement mimics real on ice skating, helping you build up your lactic acid tolerance & as a result allow you to skate longer before getting tired and having dead legs.
- Easily adjustable for different calibre players – if you’re a weak skater or a younger player, you can shorten the distance needed to push across. For strong skaters, there’s enough extra material to really push your limits and further increase your speed.
- Top quality training product – the heavy duty rubber stoppers make sure the Power slide board doesn’t move around and the black slide material will remain slippery even after heavy usage, allowing you to get the most bang for your buck out of your PowerSlide board.
With that being said, there aren’t any cons to the PowerSlide board apart from the fact that it can get to take up a bit of space if you’ve got it set to max distance. But if that’s the case, then you’ve been improving your speed which is what you bought it for!
The PowerSlide board is great for young players, teen-agers and older players alike. It offers a great substitute to power skating lessons that can be fairly costly. Instead, at $189 you can get an off-ice tool that will last and will help you really increase your skating power. If you think about it, it’s less than the price of a one-piece hockey stick these days, so it’s definitely considered a bargain if it fits your budget.
We’ve shown you how it works and what it can do for your skating. If you want to increase your speed, head over to hockeyshot and get it now!
*We’re working towards a full-fledged PowerSlideboard Workout that you guys can use to make the most out of your slide board. Make sure to check back soon!*